To be a place of excellence where we strive to be the best that we can be.
The school aims to ensure that:
- everyone belongs and feels safe and valued, school is a place where our diverse talents are celebrated and nurtured
- children develop a strong sense of values and personal qualities
- all children make excellent progress and achieve extremely well
- we have high aspirations for every child
- children are inspired by excellent teaching
- we have an exciting curriculum that prepares children for an ever-changing, technological future and equips them with fundamental skills for life
- children and staff are supported to be happy and healthy (both physically and emotionally)
- children develop the attitudes and behaviours they need to become successful lifelong learners
- children understand their place within the local, national and global communities
To help achieve this we have a long-term strategic plan for the school:
- Outstanding Achievement – to consistently achieve significantly above the national average in terms of pupil outcomes in reading, writing and maths.
- Excellent Teaching and Learning – to continually develop the effectiveness of teaching through high quality CPD so that the school becomes a centre of excellence in this area. To ensure that the school and staff are well equipped to meet the diverse needs of all learners, including disadvantaged pupils.
- Inspirational curriculum – to continue to develop a broad and rich school curriculum that excites and engages all pupils.
- Staff and Pupil Wellbeing – to continue to develop effective strategies that support the health and wellbeing of pupils and staff, developing strong learning behaviours throughout the school.
- Innovative use of ICT – to develop the innovative use of ICT to support children’s learning.
These will be achieved through an annual School Improvement Plan with specific targets and measurable outcomes.