We are a three form entry junior school based on Hayling Island, on the south coast of England. We currently have approximately 300 children on role aged between 7 and 11 years. The school was originally established in 1862 but has grown and changed significantly since then!
We pride ourselves on being a happy and successful school where the children’s needs always come first. In 2010 the school was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Since then the governors and leadership team have put in place an ambitious improvement plan to ensure that the school continues to improve and develop further.
Our vision is to create and maintain a school where:
- We strive for excellence in all that we do.
- We continually aim to improve and to be the best that we can be.
- Everyone is valued and their unique set of talents are celebrated and supported.
- Every member of the school community is supported to achieve their full potential.
- Everyone is treated fairly, honestly, with kindness and with respect – we treat others how we would like to be treated ourselves.
- We work hard but also laugh and smile.
- Learning is fun, enjoyable and irresistible so that we want to become life-long learners
We have developed a list of core values that we look to promote and celebrate in school. These values permeate all aspects of school life:
- Kindness – be kind to ourselves and each other, always
- Aspiration – set high standards and persevere to achieve excellence
- Respect – for ourselves, each other, our local and global environment
- Responsibility – take responsibility for our actions, be a responsible person
- Honesty – tell the truth and learn from the mistakes we make